16 Ways To Stay Broke
Photo courtesy of David Castillo Dominici/ Freedigitalphotos
1) Watch your friends and try to buy everything they do, but better.
2) Only purchase vehicles with fewer than 50,000 miles and less than 1-year-old.
3) Only purchase a house with at least two more bedrooms than you need with every family member having at least 500 sq. ft. to themselves.
4) Only buy name brands.
5) Remind yourself daily how hard you work and how much you deserve what you want.
6) Don’t think about the future, live for the here and now.
7) Don’t delay your gratification.
8) Tell yourself the good old saying “You can’t take it with you.” This way you won’t feel bad having nothing to pass down to your children.
9) You must go on vacation…out of town…at least a couple of nights.
10) It’s only one coffee drink a day, that’s nothing.
11) Sales Shmales! Ain’t nobody got time to wait for that!
12) Seed, straw, irrigation. People are counting on your yard.
13) Forgot Christmas came in December? No problem just charge it.
14) If your coffee table isn’t high enough to hold up your feet, no worries just buy another.
15) Hire someone to do everything you don’t feel like doing or don’t want to learn how to do.
16) Go ahead and add to those student loans. I am sure it will come in handy one of these days.
If you want to stay burdened by your finances, keep spinning your wheels, dig the hole deeper, and stuck forever, then just keep following the plan above.
If you want freedom, a reason to work hard, stability, appreciation, to get traction, and get out of the hole, then do the exact opposite of the list above and watch what God can do.
Sharing this with: The Prairie Homestead, A Mama’s story, Raising Arrows, The Modest Mom, What Joy is Mine, Growing Home, Time Warp Wife, Thankful Homemaker, Mamal Diane, Teaching What is Good, Mom’s the word, conerstone cofessions, A proverbs 31 wife, Some of the best things in life are mistakes, Let this mind be in you, A Wise Woman Builds her home, Deep Roots at Home, Graced Simplicity, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well, Hope in Every Season, Jill’s Home remedies, Little Natural Cottage, Our simple country Life, Raising Mighty Arrows, The Purposeful Mom, Happy and Blessed Home, Homemaker by Choice, Your Thriving Family, My Joy Filled Life. New Life Steward, Hometead simple, Let this Mind Be in You,